This is one of those rare times when the entire world is fighting against the same problem. COVID-19
Even though there is no vaccination developed yet for this pandemic, there are a few things which can keep you safe from getting infected.
1. Wash your hands regularly with either a hand wash or alcohol-based sanitizer.
Why? We keep touching our hands to difference surfaces without realizing. So, there is a chance that we may pick up the virus. Hence, it is important to wash our hands.Things to do
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
2. Maintain Social Distancing
Why? If someone who is infected coughs or sneezes without covering his mouth, the droplets carrying the virus may come in contact with you. So, by maintaining some distance (3 feet) you stay safe from getting infected.Things to do
- Step out of the home only if it is necessary.
- Wear mask when you are going out to buy your daily groceries.
- Close your mouth and nose with elbow before you cough or sneeze.
3. In case you have fever, cold, throat problems or any type of illness, contact your doctor immediately.
Why? The early symptoms of COVID 19 include dry cough, fever, tiredness and difficulty in breathing. So, if you have any of these conditions, you may be infected. Contacting your nearest doctor can clear the uncertainty.Things to do
- Try to explain your condition on a phone call to a doctor. Go to the hospital only if your doctor advises you to visit. Don’t rush to the hospital right away. You may get expose or expose yourself to more people.
4. Don’t fall prey to fake news/information
Why? Over the last few days many agencies have cracked fake information regarding COVID 19 getting circulated on social media and various other platforms. Believing them will only create fear and anxiety within you.Things to do
- Follow trusted sources like WHO or government website for information.
WHO Information regarding – Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Pandemic
Follow these guidelines to stay safe from COVID-19 and stop it from getting spread. You can kill this pandemic by staying at home. Stay home Stay Safe.